Fly Selection for Chile Fly Fishing Adventures
Are you thinking about taking a fly fishing trip to Chile with Stream Side Adventures? The fly you will want to take with you are not that much different than those you would find on the fly board in any western fly shop. Our experience tells us that the majority of your fishing will be with dries and terrestrials. But for you diehard nymphers, we’ve included some suggestions for you. Finally we’ve included a couple of streamers as well.
Since our recommended flies will work just fine out west make sure you bring enough. What you don’t lose in Chile you can lose with us this summer on the Encampment. Most of our suggested flies are available from Hill’s Discount Flies.
- Elk Hair Caddis in sizes 12-16 (majority 14’s) in olive or tan.
- Parachute Adams in sizes 14 and16
- Olive Bodied Adams (My son Ethan’s Adams variation) in size 14 and 16
- Royal Trude in sizes 12 and 14.
- Yellow Humpy in sizes 12 and 14
- PMD in size 16
- Yellow Stimulators in sizes 10 and 12
- Foam beetle in sizes 8 and 10
- Black foam Chernobyl Ant in sizes 8 and 10
- Dave’s Hopper in sizes 6 and 8
- Ants, black and red, in size 16.
- Beadhead Hare’s Ear, both olive and tan, in size 14
- Beadhead Lightning Bug in size 14
- Beadhead Golden Stone in sizes 8 and 10.
- Beadhead Crystal Bugger, olive, brown and black, in sizes 6 and 8
- Conehead Muddlers in sizes 8 and 10.