Missouri Wild Trout Program Rules & Regulations
1) A wild rainbow trout must be caught from 5 of the 8 locations (below)
2) Trout must be caught from the following eligible streams:
- Barren Fork Creek
- Blue Springs Creek
- Crane Creek
- Mill Creek
- Spring Creek
- North Fork of the White River
- Little Piney Creek
- Fish must be caught upstream of Mill Dam Hollow access
- To ensure that the rainbow trout is wild and not a stocked fish from the White Ribbon Area, trout must be less than 8 inches in total length
- Eleven Point River
- Fish must be caught upstream of Turner Mill Access
- To ensure that the trout is wild and not a stocked rainbow trout, trout must be 8 inches or less in total length.
2) The fish must be caught on single-hook fly, using fly fishing tackle.
3) The fish must be photographed with minimal stress.
4) The Missouri Wild Rainbow Trout Adventure must be completed within 2 years of catching the first trout.
5) The award application must include the following:
- Stream names.
- Locations – narrative description of GPS co-ordinates
- Photo(s) of the fish
- Signed statement that the above rules were followed.
6) Those completing the Missouri Wild Trout Adventure will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement recognizing their skill and dedication to Missouri’s wild Rainbow Trout
7) If a wild trout is caught from 4 of the 5 streams during a guided trip with STREAM SIDE ADVENTURES, we will make a donation of $100.00 to the conservation organization of the angler’s choice.